Selected Papers, Articles, and Chapters:
(a complete list of all publications can be found in my cv)
- “Crisis, Critique, and Abolition,” in A Time for Critique, edited by Didier Fassin and Bernard Harcourt, New York: Columbia University Press, 2019.
- “Toward Abolitionist Genealogy,” The Southern Journal of Philosophy 55, Spindel Supplement (2017): 51-77.
- “Justice as Failure,” Law, Culture and the Humanities 13, no. 2 (2017): 184-192.
- “Active Intolerance: An Introduction,” (with Perry Zurn) in Active Intolerance: Michel Foucault, the Prisons Information Group, and the Future of Abolition, edited by Perry Zurn and Andrew Dilts. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- “Death Penalty ‘Abolition’ in Neoliberal Times: The SAFE California Act and the Nexus of Savings and Security,” in Death and Other Penalties, edited by Geoffrey Adelsberg, Lisa Guenther, and Scott Zeman, 106-129. New York: Fordham University Press, 2015.
- Incurable Blackness: Criminal Disenfranchisement, Mental Disability, And The White Citizen, Disability Studies Quarterly 32, no. 3, (2012).
- “How I learned to keep worrying and love teaching the canon” in Symposium: Reflections on Continental and Feminist Pedagogy, in PhiloSOPHIA: A Journal of Continental Feminism 2, no. 1 (June 2012): 78-81.
- “To Kill a Thief: Punishment, Proportionality, and Criminal Subjectivity in Locke’s Second Treatise,” Political Theory 40, no. 1 (2012): 58-83.
- “From ‘Entrepreneur of the Self’ to ‘Care of the Self’: Neoliberal Governmentality and Foucault’s Ethics,” Foucault Studies, 12 (2011): 130-146.
- “Michel Foucault meets Gary Becker: Criminality Beyond Discipline and Punish,” The Carceral Notebooks 4, (2008).