Selected Papers, Articles, and Chapters:
- “Justice as Failure,” Law, Culture and the Humanities, (Forthcoming in 2016).
- “Active Intolerance: An Introduction,” (with Perry Zurn) in Active Intolerance: Michel Foucault, the Prisons Information Group, and the Future of Abolition, edited by Perry Zurn and Andrew Dilts. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- “Death Penalty ‘Abolition’ in Neoliberal Times: The SAFE California Act and the Nexus of Savings and Security,” in Death and Other Penalties, edited by Geoffrey Adelsberg, Lisa Guenther, and Scott Zeman, 106-129. New York: Fordham University Press, 2015.
- Incurable Blackness: Criminal Disenfranchisement, Mental Disability, And The White Citizen, Disability Studies Quarterly 32(3), 2012.
- “How I learned to keep worrying and love teaching the canon” in Symposium: Reflections on Continental and Feminist Pedagogy, in PhiloSOPHIA: A Journal of Continental Feminism 2:1, June 2012, pp. 78-81.
- “Revisiting Johan Galtung’s Concept of Structural Violence: Introduction,” in New Political Science 34:2, May 2012, pp. 191-194.
- “To Kill a Thief: Punishment, Proportionality, and Criminal Subjectivity in Locke’s Second Treatise,” Political Theory 40(1), 2012, 58-83.
- “From ‘Entrepreneur of the Self’ to ‘Care of the Self’: Neoliberal Governmentality and Foucault’s Ethics,” Foucault Studies, 12, 2011, pp. 130-146.
- “Discipline, Security, and Beyond: A Brief Introduction” (2008), The Carceral Notebooks, Vol. 4. with Bernard Harcourt.
- “Michel Foucault meets Gary Becker: Criminality Beyond Discipline and Punish” (2008), The Carceral Notebooks, Vol. 4.
See my SSRN Author Page.